Looking for a new community to grow with

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by sugarplum, Aug 30, 2019.

1. sugarplum

sugarplum Orange Mushroom

Hey y'all,

I used to play Global MS as a kid back when it was Open Beta all the way thru to BB. I got less frequent around v83 time and pretty much stopped playing all together by the time BB came out.

I wanted to show my Fiance a new game we can play since we're doing long distance for another year and wanted a way to spend time together. I cherish the memories from MS as a kid and wanted to introduce her to it.

After much deliberation we decided on Helios since it looks promising and seems pretty well coded/stable.

I'm hoping that this game is here to stay for the long run, as we'd like to get established in this one and not have to move elsewhere if this shuts down.

If you ever see sugarplum or sugaryplum or any variation of that name in game, that's us :)

Looking forward to making new friends and sharing new memories!

Chance and Ario like this.
  2. Eliav

Eliav Oly Oly Contributor

IGN:
    Nerd
    Guild:
    HOLLYWOOD
    Welcome :) I hope youll enjoy Helios as i do.
    Feel free to add me my IGN is Nerd

3. Chance

Chance Son of Isohel Game Support Helios Team

IGN:
    Chance
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOLLYWOOD
    Late to this, just read after noticing your most recent post on the other thread. Just wanted to say I feel you on this, as there was a point of time in my Mapling history where servers shut down within 1 to 3 months of my joining, for about three to four consecutive times before I gave up entirely and returned many months later to find something meaningful. I feel sorry reading your message knowing the future of Helios now; Selene does look like it is going to be a major step up so it isn't exactly a bad thing overall in the case of a shutdown here, however it does require some time to be ready for release (currently unknown eta).

Regardless, you seem like a great player to have had in a community (noticed your initiative on saving and sharing potentially useful equipment too) but bummer about the timing. Hope it isn't too hard on you guys having just regain the sense of nostalgia and realizing it coming to an end only two weeks in. Also I'm pretty sure the server will be up a little while longer as opposed to closing in a couple of days, so I suppose you could still fulfil your nostalgia-needs while then. See if you would consider Selene when the time comes, but otherwise it's all good ~ghosthug